Last 28th October 2021, our Western 4.0 Breakfast Meeting was held featuring Daniel Rodgers from Omni Tanker, speaking about his experience with Grant Funding, as well as Peter Millic from CSIRO, sharing about the Innovation Connections Program. Here are a few key takeaways from this sharing session on Government Funding.
What are Grants and Funding for SMEs?
Grants and funding involve gaining monetary support from Government or other larger organisations to work and/or further develop a project.
What are some key points about Grants and Funding?
- Difference between competitive and non-competitive grants
- Understanding the purpose of the grant and how it could fit to your company
- You need to be ready to put the time and effort into where the grant is to be applied
- Takes time and effort to get a grant and to prepare for one
- Having a milestone structure can help
- Have an extensive record of all your details.