LAUNCH PAD CODE OF CONDUCT
I acknowledge and agree that my membership of Launch Pad, or my participation in any Launch Pad program or service, and my access to or occupation of office space at Launch Pad premises, is subject to my compliance with the Launch Pad Code of Conduct set out below.
Agreement to Launch Pad Code of Conduct
By becoming a member of Launch Pad or participating in a Launch Pad program, I agree to:
1. Laws: comply with all relevant laws.
2. WSU Policies: comply with all WSU policies and procedures which are publicly available on the WSU website. These include, but are not limited to, policies preventing bullying and discrimination, protecting privacy and intellectual property, promoting workplace health and safety and complying with the WSU Acceptable Use of IT Resources policy.
3. WSU Launch Pad directions: comply with all lawful and reasonable directions given by or on behalf of WSU or Launch Pad employees including but not limited to instructions and directions for health, safety and security.
4. Preventing discrimination, harassment and bullying: treat all employees, members, participants, mentors and visitors of or to Launch Pad premises with respect and courtesy, and refrain from harassment, discrimination, victimization, vilification and bullying.
5. Mentors and meetings: meet with any assigned Launch Pad facilitator/mentor regularly and do all things reasonably required by Launch Pad employees to have my progress tracked whilst in the Launch Pad Incubator.
6. Communications: respond to all communications with WSU and Launch Pad employees, other members, participants, mentors and visitors of Launch Pad in a professional and courteous manner. In particular, I agree to respond within a timely manner (no more than 24 hours) to all communications from the Launch Pad employees and mentors where a response is requested or required.
a. Confidential Information and privacy: keep confidential and not use for my own benefit or otherwise or disclose any Confidential Information of WSU or any other Launch Pad member or program participant without their consent.
b. “Confidential Information” means any information which is specifically designated as confidential by the person who provides the information, or information which, by its nature, may be reasonably understood to be confidential, including but not limited to any trade secrets, know-how, financial information, marketing plans and sales techniques and the content of any progress updates shared by WSU, or other Launch Pad members or program participants. It includes Personal Information as that term is defined under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and information that is commercial-in-confidence to WSU.
c. Confidential Information does not include information which is, or later becomes, public knowledge other than because of a breach of this Code of Conduct by me, my employee or my visitor; information which I create alone or with another person independently of WSU; or information which I am required to disclose to a third party to comply with a law, order or a court of tribunal or the requirement of a regulatory agency.
d. I further acknowledge and agree that I may be required to sign a separate non-disclosure agreement with WSU as part of my membership of Launch Pad.
7. Intellectual Property Rights: must not infringe the intellectual property rights of WSU or any third party including but not limited to other members, participants, mentors and visitors.
8. Employees and visitors of members and participants: inform and gain prior approval from WSU employees about any employees or visitors that I invite to Launch Pad premises. I understand that my visitors must be employed by me or my startup business, must obtain their own Launch Pad access card, and that I am responsible for them at all times whilst they are on the Launch Pad premises. I acknowledge and agree that I must accompany my visitors whilst they are in Launch Pad premises and that visitors may only remain in the Launch Pad premises when I or at least one of my employees is also present.
9. Occupation of Launch Pad Incubator office space:
I acknowledge that the legal terms and conditions regarding my use and occupation of Launch Pad premises are set out in the separate Business Incubator Licence Agreement signed by me. In addition, I acknowledge and agree that I must adhere to the following general instructions at all times:
a. I am responsible for paying for any damage to property of WSU or Launch Pad caused by my acts or omissions or those of my employees or visitors.
b. I will only use the Launch Pad premises as office space. I understand that I am not permitted to sleep or live at Launch Pad or WSU premises.
c. I will keep my workspace and its surroundings in a neat and clean condition at all times.
d. I will follow all instructions of Launch Pad employees for keeping common areas and kitchen facilities clean and tidy.
e. I will not use the Launch Pad premises for any social gatherings outside of those organised and approved by the Launch Pad team.
10. Reporting breaches of the Launch Pad Code of Conduct
I acknowledge and agree that in the event that I or my employee or visitor has done something which is, or is suspected to be, a breach of the Launch Pad Code of Conduct, or if I or my employee or visitor experiences or encounters behaviour by another Launch Pad member or that member’s employee or visitor, which may be a breach of the Launch Pad Code of Conduct, I must immediately report it directly to a WSU or Launch Pad employee.
Termination of Launch Pad membership or participation in Launch Pad programs or services
1. Breach of Launch Pad Code of Conduct
I acknowledge and agree that a breach of this Code of Conduct by me, my employee or visitor may result in the termination by WSU Launch Pad of my membership of Launch Pad, my access to the Launch Pad program and services, and my occupation of Launch Pad premises under my Business Incubator Licence Agreement. Termination by WSU does not limit WSU’s rights under the WSU Launch Pad Business Incubator Licence Agreement,
2. Investigation of suspect breaches
If WSU or Launch Pad employees become aware of any breach or suspected breach of the Launch Pad Code of Conduct by any member, or by a member’s employee or visitor, or program participant, WSU Launch Pad will use reasonable efforts to:
a. Address this with that member or program participant in person and by email;
b. Set a meeting with that member or program participant within two (2) business days to discuss the suspected breach; and
c. Set further review meeting dates to monitor on-going behaviour.
3. Termination on notice: if the unacceptable behaviour continues after the meeting with WSU Launch Pad employees, or if the member or program participant fails to attend a rescheduled meeting within fourteen days, WSU Launch Pad may terminate that member or participant’s membership of Launch Pad, its participation in any Launch Pad programs or services, and any access to, use and occupation of Launch Pad premises with seven days’ written notice.
4. Termination without notice for serious breach: if WSU or Launch Pad considers, in its sole discretion, misconduct to be a serious breach of the law of the Launch Pad Code of Conduct, WSU Launch Pad will terminate with immediate effect:
a. the member’s membership of Launch Pad, or a participant’s participation in Launch Pad programs or access to services; and
b. the member’s participation access to, use and occupation of Launch Pad premises under the termination provisions in the Business Incubator Licence Agreement and the consequences of termination provisions in the Business Incubator Licence Agreement will apply.
c. WSU will WSU Launch Pad reserves the right to escort members, program participants, their employees and visitors from Launch Pad premises without notice the event of a serious breach of the Launch Pad Code of Conduct.