CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST TO JOIN THE LANDCOM “URBAN FUTURES” PROPERTY INDUSTRY TECHNOLOGY ACCELERATOR
Delivered in partnership with Western Sydney University’s award-winning
Launch Pad Technology Business Incubator
Do you have a property industry technology idea for a startup business, or are you working in the property industry on a project that can improve the urban living experience for communities?
Expression of interest are now sought for the Landcom “Urban Futures” Accelerator delivered in partnership with Western Sydney University’s Launch Pad Technology Business Incubator.
Starting in March 2019, the Accelerator will seed and grow innovation within the property development industry in support of Landcom and the University’s strategic priorities and aspirations for enhanced urban living in Western Sydney, NSW and Australia.
The accelerator will leverage the rapid growth of the Western Sydney region and the property development ecosystem across Landcom, the University and their range of partners to promote innovation in urban living design and development. Start-ups will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas for products and services for current major property development projects that are seeking new and innovative solutions.
To express your interest in the program, please fill out the following Expression of interest (EOI) form.
Image source: Landcom – Rendered images for Oran Park
CALLING FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
We’re looking for creative approaches focused on addressing challenges in property development, construction and urban design covering areas including:
1. Community education, engagement and insights – for example, develop innovative platform technologies using data analytics for investment and planning decision-making support
2. Liveability – for example, develop innovative approaches and technologies supporting areas such as housing affordability, housing diversity and urban heat island effect
3. Sustainability – for example, develop innovative approaches and technologies to support resilience planning and improve outcomes for sustainability in urban living environments
4. Markets & finance – for example, develop decision support tools & analytics services to support land use planning and property value optimisation
5. Compliance & regulation management – for example, develop platform technologies to streamline and better manage regulation and compliance processes
The Landcom Urban Futures Accelerator is a 6-month, industry specific program designed to support startups and SMEs to fast-track product development and commercialisation opportunities. Program participants will have access to range of Landcom’s industry specialists and WSU Launch Pad mentors and commercialisation experts to support them in ideation, planning, validation, product development, operations and launching into the market.
Access is also available to Western Sydney University’s School of Built Environment providing support in areas such as architecture, industrial, design, construction management, project management, urban design and surveying.
The Landcom Urban Futures Accelerator program provides particiupants with in-kind support valued at up to $50k, including :
• Networks – Connections to industry contacts, investors, mentors and collaborators
• Mentoring – access to industry experts and startup / commercialisation experts
• Resources – access to students/graduates, researchers, co-founders and tech partners
• Workspace – Access to modern co-working space, meeting areas, labs and collaborative spaces
• Training – Technical training and practice-based business skills workshops
• Services – Access to discounted business & legal services, tools and credit schemes
• Funding – Links to potential venture capital investment and government grants
• Customers – links to major project opportunities and potential customers
1. 19th Dec – Call for Expressions of Interest open
2. 25th Jan – Application Open
3. 14th Feb – Application close
4. 21st Feb – Shortlist announced
5. 22nd-28th Feb – Interview
6. 6th Mar – Offers made
7. 20th Mar – Program start
8. 26th June – Demo Day
9. 25th Sep – Scale and launch support
For further information, please email Program Manager, Rebecca Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org