A joint initiative between the NSW Government and Western Sydney University Launch PaD
In collaboration with the NSW Government, Western Sydney University’s Launch Pad Technology Business Incubator is launching the NSW–India Advanced Manufacturing Trade Mission, taking up to eight advanced manufacturing SMEs and start-ups from NSW to India in April 2020.
About the program
The Advanced Manufacturing Trade Mission is part of a broader $1.58 million NSW-India Technology Exchange Program; an initiative designed for SMEs and start-ups to help grow their business in India. The program helps promote collaboration across borders, enables knowledge sharing and market insights while also providing a framework to link NSW and Indian R&D with business, to drive commercialisation and facilitate new partnerships.
Participants will meet with potential clients, partners and gain valuable experience and immersion into the Indian advanced manufacturing market, equipping them with the knowledge and tools to launch their products in one of the world’s fastest growing economies.
Across its commercial hubs, India is home to a vibrant startup community – the second largest in the world – and a strong entrepreneurial culture across its SME base. India’s flourishing start-up ecosystem is supported by a range of generous national and state sponsorship initiatives including Startup India, the government’s flagship start-up initiative intended to catalyse startup culture and build a strong and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India. India’s rapid growth across startups and SME’s offers great opportunities for NSW manufacturers to access new technologies and supply chains.
What is on offer?
Successful participants will take part in a curated and intensive program designed to give them an introduction to the Indian advanced manufacturing sector, providing access to potential clients, R&D collaboration partners. Support staff from NSW Government and Western Sydney University will provide guidance to help participants gain an understanding of the Indian market and potential opportunities.
- Company visits and introductions to key market contacts
- Seminars, collaborative workshops and networking events;
- Mentoring sessions by leaders in innovation;
- Partial travel and accommodation costs for one company representative
The mission will provide a 10-day trip to four major cities in India, where participants will benefit from a range of business and cultural experiences allowing them to build an understanding of the local market and the Indian business mindset and approaches to international trade.
To be eligible for the program, companies must:
- Have an Australian Business Number registered in NSW;
- Offer activities, product or services, which are relevant to or have applications in advanced manufacturing;
- Have fewer than 200 employees;
- Have a turnover less than $30 million per annum;
- Have been in operation for at least 6 months.
Assessment and Selection Criteria
- Opportunity: Problem addressed by your technology/product
- Innovation: Quality of the product or technology deployed
- Relevance: Link to advanced manufacturing and fit with Indian market
- Strategy: Anticipated outcomes (commercial and others) following the exchange program
- Overall quality of the application
Expressions of interests can be submitted below by filling out the form.
Selection interviews will be held on 28th Feb 2020 involving a panel of industry experts, government & western Sydney university nominees.