LANDCOM “URBAN FUTURES” PROPERTY INDUSTRY TECHNOLOGY ACCELERATOR
Delivered in partnership with Western Sydney University’s award-winning
Launch Pad Technology Business Incubator
Do you have a property industry technology idea for a startup business, or are you working in the property industry on a project that can improve the urban living experience for communities?
Starting in March 2020, the Accelerator will seed and grow innovation within the property development industry in support of Landcom and the University’s strategic priorities and aspirations for enhanced urban living in Western Sydney, NSW and Australia.
The accelerator will leverage the rapid growth of the Western Sydney region and the property development ecosystem across Landcom, the University and their range of partners to promote innovation in urban living design and development. Start-ups will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas for products and services for current major property development projects that are seeking new and innovative solutions.
Image source: Landcom – Rendered images for Oran Park
We’re looking for creative approaches focused on addressing challenges in property development, construction and urban design covering areas including:
1. Community education, engagement and insights – for example, develop innovative platform technologies using data analytics for investment and planning decision-making support
2. Liveability – for example, develop innovative approaches and technologies supporting areas such as housing affordability, housing diversity and urban heat island effect
3. Sustainability – for example, develop innovative approaches and technologies to support resilience planning and improve outcomes for sustainability in urban living environments
4. Markets & finance – for example, develop decision support tools & analytics services to support land use planning and property value optimisation
5. Compliance & regulation management – for example, develop platform technologies to streamline and better manage regulation and compliance processes
The Landcom Urban Futures Accelerator is a 6-month, industry specific program designed to support startups and SMEs to fast-track product development and commercialisation opportunities. Program participants will have access to range of Landcom’s industry specialists and WSU Launch Pad mentors and commercialisation experts to support them in ideation, planning, validation, product development, operations and launching into the market.
Access is also available to Western Sydney University’s School of Built Environment providing support in areas such as architecture, industrial, design, construction management, project management, urban design and surveying.
The Landcom Urban Futures Accelerator program provides participants with in-kind support valued at up to $50k, including :
• Networks – Connections to industry contacts, investors, mentors and collaborators
• Mentoring – access to industry experts and startup / commercialisation experts
• Resources – access to students/graduates, researchers, co-founders and tech partners
• Workspace – Access to modern co-working space, meeting areas, labs and collaborative spaces
• Training – Technical training and practice-based business skills workshops
• Services – Access to discounted business & legal services, tools and credit schemes
• Funding – Links to potential venture capital investment and government grants
• Customers – links to major project opportunities and potential customers
For further information or to keep posted about the next program, please email Program Manager, Rebecca Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the selected 2020 Cohort
Income Energy offer an end-to-end solar investment service software platform for landlords to help them make a smart investment in solar, sell power to their small business tenants and earn extra income from their commercial properties.
Urban Futures 2020 Demo Day Highlight Video
Cofounder of ConexieThe program exceeded our expectations and our business had gone from strength to strength as a result of our exposure to the mentoring and coaching.
Cofounder of ArtOn LabThe program was great in providing mentoring sessions, helping the start-ups to get a clear understanding of what needs to be done in order for the business to be successful.
Business Development, AquacellThe program provided great access to experienced entrepreneurs and resources, as well as industry. The program was well conceived and provided great business insight in regard to prospecting and scaling.
Founder of The Mobile Apps ManThe program is the benchmark of how entrepreneur programs should be run. Expert mentorship, coupled with WSU Launch Pad's business network, has proven to be a powerful combination to help support growing businesses and innovation.