Venture Makers Foundations - BUSM 2047
Venture Makers is presenting the new accredited subject, Venture Makers Foundations (BUSM 2047). In this industry-led program, experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts will be teaching you how to develop your employability and entrepreneurship skills.
The world we inhabit is ever changing – and so is the way that we will work in the future. Graduates today encounter an increasingly complex working environment and need to be equipped with the mindset, skills-set, and tools to navigate uncertainty and complexity.
This Venture Makers Foundations subject is a highly innovative, unique transdisciplinary entrepreneurship training and development experience that will help you navigate these changes to create value in the changing future of work.
The 10 credit point subject has been designed in three distinct Short Programs comprising of three content specific modules:
1. Evaluate the feasibility of an opportunity in the context of complex business and entrepreneurial environments
2. Analyse entrepreneurial behaviour and innovative business models to suit contemporary economic, social and environmental contexts
3. Derive innovative methods for complex problem solving using a human-centric approach to entrepreneurship
4. Apply technology-based tools for evaluating commercial opportunities to address local and global scale challenges
5. Identify opportunities to contribute to, and benefit from entrepreneurial ecosystems
6. Build relationships and networks to communicate effectively within an entrepreneurial environment
Skills learnt throughout the subject
Students will develop core entrepreneurial skills and enhance their work readiness by creating and designing solutions to solve complex, real-world challenges.
This immersive experience will develop many essential skills including but not limited to:
The subject is delivered in partnership with innovative industry partner.
This authentic and relevant subject will enable students to develop real professional industry networks locally, nationally, and internationally.
With an entrepreneurial lens on learning, students will experience an applied and immersive teaching experience that will develop needed skills to thrive in the workforce.
Info Session Recording
8 February 2023
Weekly Tuesday Tutorials
25 July 2023 - 24 October 2023
In-person, Parramatta (6 Hassal Street)